posted to rec.boats.paddle
Paul Tomblin Paul Tomblin is offline

Default Youtube

In a previous article, Steve said:
Davej wrote:
On Nov 14, 11:14 am, Steve wrote:
What struck me was no PFD's; PFD's worn loosely; cotton shirts; paddles
held upside down.... Did look like they were having fun though.

I'm guessing that was a "wing" paddle.

No, I saw the wing.

I'm guessing you're commenting on the Wednesday Night Time Trial video
rather than one of mine. Yeah, it's pretty low key and a lot of
non-racers show up, which is great. The course is 2 miles, one mile on
a section of the bay that is barely 4 feet deep and the other mile on the
creek which is barely 10 feet wide and most of it about 3-5 feet deep in
the middle and shallower towards the edges. For the last one of the
season, we had more than 70 paddlers - it was a bit of a zoo, but it was
fun.

Compare and contrast with the Rochester Open Water Challenge video where
we had much more difficult conditions, professional and amateur races
including Reed Hyle, Jason Quagliatta and Jim Mallory, and everybody wore
PFDs.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
One distinguishing characteristic of BOFHen is attention deficit disorder.