posted to rec.boats.building
[email protected] garethhou@gmail.com is offline

Default Waterproofing Aluminum Riveted Boats

MMC..thanks for your advise.
I looked up this product on the net and it seems like if I do use this
I would be applying this along the seams where the rivets are inside
the boat.
Not sure where I can pick up this product and how much would be
required for a 14ft boat.

Gary

MMC wrote:
I would think a good, thick paint on the outside of the hull would work
better than what you propose. Coal tar epoxy would seal it up real well and
not cost an arm and a leg.
MMC
wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently inherited a 14 foot aluminum riveted boat from a family
friend.
This boat is in decent shape and I was advised there are no current
leaks with this boat.
I am planning to fix this boat up a bit by putting in floor
boards/carpeting and a few swivel seats.

My question is, is there something I can spray or apply to the bottom
of the boat (inside) that will make it waterproof?
I watched a show on the channel World Fishing Network where a couple of
hosts sprayed something and made the boat waterproof. I just cant
remember what it is.

I am trying to avoid having to use putty or something to make bandage
solutions to any leaks.

This is my first boat so any help is much much appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary