Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default lovely 27' Coronado sailboat

wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:33:14 -0700 (PDT), Joe

The atomic doesn't run according to the seller.

So, how much is another Atomic? Or, just sail the thing...

Sails for a 27 foot boat? $3-4K

Nah. Wasn't that much for *either* of our sails, new, from Lee. There have
to be acres of available sails from all the usual suspects, including
Bacon's, Minney's and Masthead, for a few hundred.

If someone only has $2k to spend on a boat, they can't remotely afford
this one.

Well, there's that :{)) First cost is always least cost in other than new
boats...

If you found a Catalina 27 in similar condition, you might have a
whisper of a prayer because of their popularity.

Or, a nice Freedom, GREAT sailing boats in the smaller ones. If I suddenly
had to go it alone, I think I'd be happy on a Freedom 32, based on our
chartering one during our initial research into whether this (our cruising
life) would work for Lydia.

Couple inexpensive examples of smaller freedoms: yachtworld numbers 2134422
and 2141897...

L8R

Skip and crew, about to go up the arch for the last bits of polishing, and
then off to look at what I suspect to be a major anchor and chain we passed
over on the way to finding shallow enough (!!) water to finally actually go
aground for a half-hour or so while I cleaned the bottom. As the moon
approaches full, we might be aground for a full hour or maybe even a few
minutes more. So much for "you can't go anywhere in the Bahamas with a 7'
draft!

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

The Society for the Preservation of Tithesis commends your ebriated
and scrutible use of delible and defatigable, which are gainly, sipid
and couth. We are gruntled and consolate that you have the ertia and
eptitude to choose such putably pensible tithesis, which we parage.

Stamp out Sesquipedalianism