[email protected] mosquitofarm@gmail.com is offline

Default Suzuki DF4 vs. DF6 (or maybe another choice, the Tohatsu MFS4BS).

On Apr 17, 1:20 pm, Martin Baxter wrote:
wrote:
On Thu, 17 Apr 08, Martin Baxter wrote:
FWIW, I have a canoe

Which motor do you use to power the canoe? I've been thinkin'
"trolling motor" so I can keep most of the weight low and amidships
instead of all hanging over the side near the stern. A 30lb thrust
Minn Kota is on sale near me for $67 but since Jay's experiment, I'm
thinkin' more like 50lbs so I can use it on a skiff as well. The
smallest gasoline outboard I have at the moment is 6hp at 58lbs which
is fine for the skiff but too much weight for the canoe.

The little 2 HP 'rude works just fine, pushes the canoe with two people
aboard faster than you could paddle it.

Cheers
marty

When are you guys going to quite this circle jerk, and quite wanking
on each other...who cares, really?