Default Kettle to boil water

When I had diesel engine problem I bough a 12 v, 700 cranking amps, 22 Ah,
20 pounds mobile power pack at Canadian Tires.
It works fine to start an engine and to operate a radar and GPS when the
main batteries are dead.
I wonder if I can use this Power Pack to operate the Hot Shot's boiler?
Using an estimated wattage consumption of 9 watts for a radio or dept finder
it will last approx. 24 hours. They say for 110v power an inverter is
needed. As an example they say a 100 watts light will last an estimated 2
hours. This power pack is rechargeable using a 12 volts receptacle. The
continuous charging time is normally 24 - 72 hours. Well by the looks of it
this power pack may only be good for emergency. Plugging the inverter
directly into the 12 volt circuit system appears to be the best way to do
it. Or the power pack could be connected to the boat electrical system on a
permanent basis?

"Larry" wrote in message
wrote in
:

Yesterday, I made tests and learned that my home GE electric kettle
boiled a 1 quart of water in four minutes and 30 secs.

To compare the load:

That pot probably draws 1500 watts divided by 13V = 115A x 4.5 mins = 8.6
AH off the battery capacity to boil 32 oz, 2 pots in the Hot Shot.

1.45 x 2 pots is 2.9 AH compared to 8.6 AH. I think the disparity is the
very low thermal mass of the Hot Shot's boiler, directly coupled to its
fast heating element outside the boiler under it. The boiler is very thin
aluminum with automatic shutoff thermostat. (You reset the thermostat to
boil the next load.) The kettle, on the other hand, probably has an
internal calrod metal beast to heat up along with all that exposed metal
of
the kettle itself before the water's going to boil, a much bigger thermal
load.

The Hot Shot's boiler is also insulated by the plastic case around it.
It'll keep water at near boiling temperature a long time after it shuts
down.

Our rec.boats.cruising thermal engineers will be working on this problem,
day and night....(c;

--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.