Jere Lull

In article ,
(Brent Geery) wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 00:03:22 GMT, Jere Lull
wrote:

For our purposes, a little solar panel is more effective and a lot
cheaper.

Forgot: PV panels are fine, but they are not cheap, and don't tend
to work in the same conditions the wind genny does. They compliment
each other, not substitute.

As I said previously, we don't usually anchor in 12-24 knot winds. In
fact, even chartering during the Christmas Winds in the BVI, we hardly
ever saw those sorts of wind speeds at anchor.

With the Superwind costing EU$1000+, we could buy quite a bunch of solar
capability that would work even under a cloudy sky.

--
Jere Lull
Xan's Pages: