John H

Default Beautiful day on the Bay!

Left Deale about 6:30 am, had the lures in the water by 7:30, and landed a 32"
striped bass around 9:30. Had another hit about an hour later, line just
screaming off the reel. Finally started to pull the fish in, but he crossed some
of the other lines and got off.

The day was gorgeous, although a little breezy. Waves were in the 2 foot range
which wasn't bad for trolling at 3mph, but made for a rough ride back home. All
in all, a great day. Boat ran well, had a good buddy for company, and took home
enough fish for each of us to have a good dinner.
--
John H

Shortwave Sportfishing

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 20:31:41 -0400, John H
wrote:

Left Deale about 6:30 am, had the lures in the water by 7:30, and landed a 32"
striped bass around 9:30. Had another hit about an hour later, line just
screaming off the reel. Finally started to pull the fish in, but he crossed some
of the other lines and got off.

The day was gorgeous, although a little breezy. Waves were in the 2 foot range
which wasn't bad for trolling at 3mph, but made for a rough ride back home. All
in all, a great day. Boat ran well, had a good buddy for company, and took home
enough fish for each of us to have a good dinner.

I have yet to make a salt water run. Hopefully, next week.

Glad you enjoyed your day.

Later,

Tom

John H

wrote:

Left Deale about 6:30 am, had the lures in the water by 7:30, and landed a 32"
striped bass around 9:30. Had another hit about an hour later, line just
screaming off the reel. Finally started to pull the fish in, but he crossed some
of the other lines and got off.

The day was gorgeous, although a little breezy. Waves were in the 2 foot range
which wasn't bad for trolling at 3mph, but made for a rough ride back home. All
in all, a great day. Boat ran well, had a good buddy for company, and took home
enough fish for each of us to have a good dinner.

I have yet to make a salt water run. Hopefully, next week.

Glad you enjoyed your day.

Later,

Tom

Thanks, Tom. Hope you get out and have a good catch.
--
John H

Shortwave Sportfishing

wrote:

Left Deale about 6:30 am, had the lures in the water by 7:30, and landed a 32"
striped bass around 9:30. Had another hit about an hour later, line just
screaming off the reel. Finally started to pull the fish in, but he crossed some
of the other lines and got off.

The day was gorgeous, although a little breezy. Waves were in the 2 foot range
which wasn't bad for trolling at 3mph, but made for a rough ride back home. All
in all, a great day. Boat ran well, had a good buddy for company, and took home
enough fish for each of us to have a good dinner.

I have yet to make a salt water run. Hopefully, next week.

Glad you enjoyed your day.

If the weather is reasonable, I'm heading out to the Shenandoah on
Sunday to see if I can raise a few trout with the flyrod out of a couple
of feeder streams.

I have never fished the Shenandoah - it's on my list of TO-DOs when
wifey poo retires.

Now if I could get my Contender out of the #$%^&$%$%##!!! shop, I'd be
content.

Later,

Tom

Butch Davis

John,

Last time I went out from Deale had a great day of fishing in essentially
pond-like conditions.

The fishing was good but what I most enjoyed about the trip was the dozens
of Osprey nests on all the fixed markers in the channel going out. It was
quite a sight.

Is the Osprey population continuing to increase and thrive?

Butch

"John H" wrote in message
Left Deale about 6:30 am, had the lures in the water by 7:30, and landed
a 32"
striped bass around 9:30. Had another hit about an hour later, line just
screaming off the reel. Finally started to pull the fish in, but he
crossed some
of the other lines and got off.

The day was gorgeous, although a little breezy. Waves were in the 2 foot
range
which wasn't bad for trolling at 3mph, but made for a rough ride back
home. All
in all, a great day. Boat ran well, had a good buddy for company, and
took home
enough fish for each of us to have a good dinner.
--
John H

Garth Almgren

Around 4/29/2005 5:33 PM, Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

I have yet to make a salt water run. Hopefully, next week.

I'm just waiting for my new prop to arrive. Hopefully it'll get here in
time for opening day...

I'm going from an 11.3x11.5 to a 10.2x13.9. If my estimates are correct,
with that extra 2.4" of pitch I should be able to put the throttle all
the way to the stops for the first time ever.

--
~/Garth - 1966 Glastron V-142 Skiflite: "Blue-Boat"
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing

John H

"John H" wrote in message
Left Deale about 6:30 am, had the lures in the water by 7:30, and landed
a 32"
striped bass around 9:30. Had another hit about an hour later, line just
screaming off the reel. Finally started to pull the fish in, but he
crossed some
of the other lines and got off.

The day was gorgeous, although a little breezy. Waves were in the 2 foot
range
which wasn't bad for trolling at 3mph, but made for a rough ride back
home. All
in all, a great day. Boat ran well, had a good buddy for company, and
took home
enough fish for each of us to have a good dinner.
--
John H

Yes, the ospreys are doing well. They have all the markers occupied with nests
now, moma and dad osprey screech at every boat that goes by. I love seeing them
return each year. It gives a little hope for the health of the bay.
--
John H