Default Rec.Boats Righties Out for the Evening

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 7/14/19 12:30 AM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 7/13/19 9:53 AM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
A restaurant in Northwest Washington issued an apology Monday after
hosting an alt-right, white nationalist event whose participants offered
praise of Adolf Hitler.

The dinner, held Friday at Maggiano’s Little Italy in Friendship
Heights, was sponsored by the National Policy Institute, a white
nationalist organization that supported President-elect Donald Trump in
the election and held a conference in the District to celebrate his
victory. Protesters tried to confront those attending the dinner Friday,
but were forced out by police.

On Monday, Maggiano’s apologized, saying that it was “the inadvertent
site” of the protest and that it closed the restaurant for the safety of
its staff and guests.

“This was a last minute booking made Friday afternoon, and the
reservation was made under a different name, therefore we were not aware
that NPI was dining with us or what the group represents,” Steve
Provost, the president of the 51-restaurant chain, said in a statement
posted to Facebook.

The statement also referred to a tweet sent by “an attendee . . . in
which she made a ‘Sieg Heil salute’ in support of Hitler and white
supremacy.”

“This expression of support of Hitler is extremely offensive to us, as
our restaurant is home to Teammates and Guests of every race, religion
and cultural background,” the statement said.

The statement said Maggiano’s would donate $10,000, the profit from its
Friday restaurant sales, to the D.C. office of the Anti-Defamation
League, “which for decades has been working to bring people together in
peace and understanding.”

https://is.gd/TnzPZx

So, Herring, Bilious, et al, was white wine served?

We do need t know what was served. Seems as if you are up on the dinner.
Speech write for them?

I'm up on the news, Bilious. I read newspapers, not the right-wing trash
sites you and your buds here favor.

My local newspaper seems to be an arm of the Washington Post these days.
80% of the columnist articles are from the WP. And that rag is really
biased anti-Trump.

I guess most big circulation newspapers see Trump for the slime he is.
If your local paper is the Chronicle, it, sadly, was sold to Hearst
about 20 years ago and the corporation cut back drastically on its
national and international reportage, so I am sure it "buys" columns
from various writers groups.

I gave up on the Chronicle years ago. All those college educated
journalists who could not write or spell. No, my paper is part of the East
Bay Times group, which also owns a bunch of the old Gannett papers like the
San Jose Mercury.

On 7/14/19 7:11 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 7/14/19 12:30 AM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 7/13/19 9:53 AM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
[...]

You are hardly in a position to criticize someone else's writing or
spelling. You read a local newspaper that used to be a giveaway weekly
and might still be.