posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default Recovery time from Giardia?

I got it in India 3 weeks ago, but was only diagnosed 3 days ago. The doctor prescribed 4 high strength antibiotic tablets to be taken all at the same time. Still though, 3 days after taking the meds I still have diahrea and feel so tired and nauseous. I'm a pretty slim guy and cant really afford to keep losing weight!

Dies anyone have any suggestions for how to get back on track? Ive started taking probiotics to try and get my stomach culture back to normal but it's not working yet...
posted to rec.boats.paddle

I got it in India 3 weeks ago, but was only diagnosed 3 days ago. The doctor prescribed 4 high strength antibiotic tablets to be taken all at the same time. Still though, 3 days after taking the meds I still have diahrea and feel so tired and nauseous. I'm a pretty slim guy and cant really afford to keep losing weight!

Dies anyone have any suggestions for how to get back on track? Ive started taking probiotics to try and get my stomach culture back to normal but it's not working yet...

Probiotics and eating healthy (NOT overly sanitized foods too!) is the ONLY good way to get your body's normal flora back in whack, STS!!

PS I'm an RN!

John Kuthe, BSN, RN...

Recovery time from Giardia? [email protected] General 5 August 2nd 20 10:04 AM
Recovery time from Giardia? riverman[_2_] General 0 April 30th 15 03:10 PM
River Recovery X ` Man[_3_] General 0 June 3rd 12 11:57 PM
Recovery Canuck57[_9_] General 24 August 6th 11 01:46 AM
Recovery Charles Pezeshki General 0 June 27th 04 07:48 PM