Default Yanmar Offers a Turbo Diesel Outboard

Where's Karen from Oz when we need her?

http://newatlas.com/yanmar-dtorque-111-turbo-diesel-50hp-outboard/51675/

Lots of low end torque but unfortunately it weighs close to 400
pounds.

---
http://www.avg.com

Tim Tim is offline

Where's Karen from Oz when we need her?

http://newatlas.com/yanmar-dtorque-111-turbo-diesel-50hp-outboard/51675/

Lots of low end torque but unfortunately it weighs close to 400
pounds.

---
http://www.avg.com

Not made for bass tournament or ski competition, but I'm sure they have a target for the application out there, somewhere.

On Tue, 10 Oct 2017 21:11:01 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Where's Karen from Oz when we need her?

http://newatlas.com/yanmar-dtorque-111-turbo-diesel-50hp-outboard/51675/

Lots of low end torque but unfortunately it weighs close to 400
pounds.

---
http://www.avg.com

Not made for bass tournament or ski competition, but I'm sure they have a target for the application out there, somewhere.

Yup it must be some kind of work boat when it is twice as heavy as a
Honda BF50 4 stroke

On Tue, 10 Oct 2017 23:41:35 -0400, wrote:

Where's Karen from Oz when we need her?

http://newatlas.com/yanmar-dtorque-111-turbo-diesel-50hp-outboard/51675/

Lots of low end torque but unfortunately it weighs close to 400
pounds.

I am not sure how you sell a 400 pound 50 HP motor. What kind of boat
does this go on?
Maybe some kind of small, displacement hull trawler or something I am
talking about a real fishing boat not a recreational "trawler" like
you have, a boat dragging a big net. It might also be useful on a
"pusher" boat like they use to move work barges around.

===

It might look good on something like a Rf-235.

http://rosboroughboatsusa.com/rf-246/

Or maybe 3 of them on the back of our trawler, cruising at something
like 7 knots in flat water. I'd have to beef up the swim platform a
bit but not sure how I'd mount the 300 amp alternator and 10 hp
hydraulic pump.

---
http://www.avg.com

wrote:

[...]

Nice boat. They even have a model I'm sure Donnie would like. It
cries out for an engine like that.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Tim Tim is offline

===

It might look good on something like a Rf-235.

http://rosboroughboatsusa.com/rf-246/

Say, that is a swell idea and yes that's a nice pocket trawler...

wrote:

Where's Karen from Oz when we need her?

http://newatlas.com/yanmar-dtorque-111-turbo-diesel-50hp-outboard/51675/

Lots of low end torque but unfortunately it weighs close to 400
pounds.

---
http://www.avg.com

Not made for bass tournament or ski competition, but I'm sure they have a target for the application out there, somewhere.

Yup it must be some kind of work boat when it is twice as heavy as a
Honda BF50 4 stroke

"The Yanmar Dtorque 111 is lighter and more compact than petrol engines of similar capacity..."

I suppose it's all about what your definition of "capacity" is.

Turbo Diesel Outboards HK General 9 October 28th 07 07:03 PM
Fuel/Oil slick from exhaust of Turbo Diesel ldf General 1 August 22nd 06 05:43 PM
Volvo vs Yanmar diesel Cruising 20 August 4th 06 04:31 PM
need help with Yanmar YSB12 diesel SAIL LOCO ASA 1 September 14th 04 09:20 AM
WTB: Yanmar D36 diesel outboard Diesell General 0 March 10th 04 12:20 AM