Evan Gatehouse

Default Odd Jobs while Cruising to bring in some cash

"Mike & Tricia Kennedy" wrote in message
om...
What are some of the jobs, you as cruisers, have done to bring in cash
while cruising?

Mike Kennedy

Me: writing, designing a nesting dinghy, going back to my old job for 4
months as a contract employee, having my grandmother die (o.k. not really a
job but it's all money and she would have been happy to know she financed
part of our cruising).

My wife: varnishing, writing

The most successful folks I knew were in decreasing order of income/ease of
finding work we

- diesel mechanic *always in demand*
- refrigeration mechanic
- vet (no kidding - people will pay anything to keep old Fluffy alive)
- sailmaker with good sewing machine, lots of sail repair and related
material
- writer (too much competition generally)

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)